Life itself is only a vision – a dream…RSS
Isn’t it annoying to be spammed by a website after you’ve bought something from them? In today’s digital age, it’s pretty standard to collaborate a list of e-mail addresses, subscribe them to your marketing campaigns, and then hoping that they buy something from you again.
Even though most business owners out there feel entitled to market the heck out of the those who freely give away their e-mail addresses, you shouldn’t give in to that kind of thinking because it could be just the thing that drives them away to another website.
Keeping it casual is the best approach when it comes to marketing past buyers. See yourself as a business who doesn’t really need the money, but also at the same time you have to make it feel like the customer is going to miss out on such a great deal.
If you keep pushing your boundaries, a lot of people will simply unsubscribe to your sales-y e-mails, block your URL address, and never buy from you again.
I know we’ve all grown into the traditional idea of the numbers game when it comes to wooing the customer with our latest offers, but do you really believe that a dismal 5 percent response rate is good marketing? Why are the remaining 95 percent automatically deleting your latest message? You know there are several ways to better your odds.
It’s all about linking a positive memory or feeling with your dialogue by inspiring them to keep up the conversation with your campaign, and steering them in a direction to become a long-term customer. But remember, you have to work for your right to connect on a personal level with each buyer. It’s a privilege, not a right.
So, before you decide to mass market your latest campaign, take the time to really feel out how your messages will be interpreted by asking different personality types. Everyone from the ditzy blonde to the introverted thinker. Ask fellow professionals in and outside of your industry. Are you letting each person know that you’ll never sell their contact information to sleezy third parties?
If people are still in the feeling out your business stage and you start messaging them right off the bat, you’re only going to verify whatever doubts they have for you already, and you’ll even brand yourself in a negative way.
All that really matters is to create a lasting experience for people, no matter if it’s on or offline. Once they’ve been persuaded, thanks to the amount of quality and value you’ve provided, you’ve just gave them a reason to keep on coming back.
The easiest and best way to go about it is to give them the choice of opting in for more information, such as following you on Tweeter. Instead of you demanding their e-mails or begging them to subscribe to your mailing list, you can let them decide on their own if they want to hear more about you, and it gives you the time to focus on things that really matter. That way you come off as someone who knows what they’re going through in terms of privacy and space.
One last thing, if you really want to make your customers think about what you have to offer, ask them questions such as, “Have you read about our latest updates? As you already know, we’re all pretty busy over here, and we try our best to keep our customers informed when it comes to our latest offers, so feel free to follow us on Twitter. See you around!”
By sounding like that and giving the customer a choice whether or not to hear more about your business, you’re actually furthering your cause as a genuine company who appreciates genuine people. You’ll even notice a greater return on future marketing campaigns.
Keep in mind, the idea is to create a fun and lasting relationship. It’s not about racking in as much e-mails as you can and spamming them to hell, it’s about nurturing the relationship for the long run so that everyone comes out a winner.